Water Damage Restoration 1-888-382-8086
Water damage Restoration When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals respond immediately and use advanced equipment and techniques to remove the water quickly. They closely monitor and document the drying process to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
Please refer to our Water Damage Tips – Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals
- Provide 24/7 Emergency Service
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Specialists
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry with over 1,700 Franchises
- Preferred Vendor for Many National and Local Insurance Companies
24 Hour Emergency Service
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals provide emergency water restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
A Fast Response Is Crucial
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. With over 1,700 U.S. and Canadian Franchise locations, SERVPRO is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency.
An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO Franchise Professionals arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 – 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Water Removal / Water Extraction
The water extraction step removes the majority of the water from your home or property. By performing a thorough water extraction, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals help reduce the drying time and help to prevent mold and secondary water damage. They use powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units to quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water from your property.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, they may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. This step helps to reduce drying time and helps to prevent mold and secondary water damage.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals inspect the carpet and pad and determine if it should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
Your property’s walls, floors, and other surfaces will likely need professional cleaning treatments. Besides cleaning your property’s structure, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will also clean your belongings, like furniture, upholstery, clothing, and other restorable personal items, damaged by the water. Flooding and water damage often require odor removal and deodorization treatments, since wet materials have an unpleasant odor.
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals specialize in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Their expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes, including photos and other personal items that can’t be replaced.
- Dry Cleaning
- Wet Cleaning
- Spray and Wipe
- Foam Cleaning
- Abrasive Cleaning
- Immersion Cleaning
Odor Removal and Deodorization
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to identify and eliminate offensive odors with industrial air scrubbers and fogging equipment. This equipment can effectively treat serious and persistent odors that typical air fresheners and similar treatments can’t.
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
- Air Scrubbers and Fogging Equipment
Depending on the scenario, they may use antimicrobial, antibacterial, or disinfectant treatments to clean your property.
- Antimicrobial and Antibacterial Treatments
- Sanitizing and Disinfectant Treatments
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals will remove and dispose of damaged materials with guidance from you and your insurance adjuster.
- Properly Dispose of Refuse
Restoration, the final step, is the process of restoring your home or business to its pre-water damage condition. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall and installing new carpet, or may entail major repairs, such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Many SERVPRO Franchise Professionals offer:
Emergency Building Services
When your home has been damaged by a storm or water, the immediate concern may include temporary protective measures to prevent additional damages, like placing a roof tarp.
- Roof Tarp
- Temporary Fencing
- Move-Out / Pack-Out
- Temporary Warehouse Space
Repairs and Minor Building Services
The following building and repair services may be necessary to restore your home to pre-water damage condition.
- Drywall Removal and Installation
- Hardwood Floor Repair
- Tile Floor Repair
- Carpet Repair and Installation
Building Services and Reconstruction
Many SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keep cost low. It can provide this continuity by supervising a full range of restoration services that will bring a building back to full functionality.
Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
The water damage restoration process begins with a detailed inspection of your property, including a damage assessment. The SERVPRO Franchise Professional is determining the scope of the damage so he or she can develop an appropriate plan of action.
They Identify and Stop the Water Source
They check for the source of water in your home and business and stop it. The water source must be stopped before the drying process can begin.
- Stop the Source
- Check for Contaminated Water
They Identify the Type of Water
SERVPRO Franchise Professionals must identify the category and classification of water to restore your property safely to industry specifications. The type of water contamination will affect the specific restoration processes used to restore your property.
- White / Category 1 Water
- Gray / Category 2 Water
- Black / Category 3 Water
They Survey the Extent of the Water Damage and Inspect the Premises
They inspect and test your home to discover the extent of the damage. Additionally, they will look for safety concerns and explain them to you. If you are aware of any safety issues, such as asbestos or lead, please share them.
- Survey Damage
- Complete Safety Inspection
They Move or Block Furniture
They move furniture and property contents and block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- Block Furniture